- Disposable Virus Sampling Tube Kit – inactivating (KIT 48 Pieces)
- Disposable Virus Sampling Tube Kit Is comprised of one polypropylene vial, filled with 1.8 or 3.0 ml of transport medium. The system is offered with one of the following configurations:
- Disposable Virus Sampling Tube Kit for the collection and transport of clinical samples containing tissue or cellular which used for pathology analysis from the collection site to the testing laboratory.
Sample type of Disposable Virus Sampling Tube Kit
- Throat swabs, nasal swabs, nasopharyngeal extracts, respiratory extracts, bronchial lavage fluid, alveolar lavage fluid and exfoliated cells in sputum.
- Principles of the procedure
- Swab Transport Medium (Modified Lysis buffer) is a buffer solution containing guanidine salt, which can lyse and denature freshly collected samples, thereby inactivating the virus, and reducing the risk of biological infection during the inspection process, meanwhile preventing DNA and RNA degradation.
- MEDIUM FORMULATION:
- Sodium acetate, Guanidine isothiocyanate, Sodium dodecylsarcosine, Triton-100, Acetic acid and purified water
- Store at 2~30℃ for 24 months Page 2 of 4 For the detailed expiration date, please refer to specific product label.
Specimen collection procedures
- Use specific swabs the designed for collecting exfoliated cells from patients. For instance, if you try to use a throat swab to collect exfoliated cell from patient’s throat, you need to ask the patient to expose his throat by opening his mouth and initiating an “ah” sound; if necessary, you can press the tongue down with the help of a spatula. After you see the exposed throat clearly, gently and rapidly wipe the patient’s two palatal archs, pharynx and tonsils for 3 and 5 circles.
- 1. Aseptically remove the cap from the vial.
- 2. Insert the swab into the tube. Dip and gently stir the swab.
- 3. Replace the cap and secure the lid tight.
- 4. Shake the sample bottle slightly to guarantee a complete suspension.
- samples which stored in the transport medium in room temperature for 2 days, 2 ~ 8 °C for 1 week, and -20 °C for one month.
- 1. This product is For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- 2. Observe approved biohazard precautions and aseptic techniques. To be used only by adequately trained and qualified personnel.
- 3. This product is mainly used to preserve specimens of throat swabs, nasal swabs, nasopharyngeal extracts, respiratory extracts, bronchial lavage fluid, alveolar lavage fluid, and exfoliated cells in sputum.
- 4. The technicians who are responsible to sample collection should wear masks and gloves to prevent sample contamination.
- 5. The process of sample collection should be executed as quick as possible, and the lid should be tightly closed to avoid solution evaporation and contamination. Do not leave the lid open and exposed sample for a long time.